Not that I haven’t been putting real effort into the work of the past 4 years, but I really believe that this will be the year where some things take off.
2015 in review
Last year saw great strides. I added my first off-Fringe show, started the radio show, and started doing more targeted projects – from the Balloon Manor audio tour to working with a soup kitchen and a Girl Scout troop. I built some new relationships and made progress on Noodle (my novel).
It was a rough year medically, so there were good days and bad. Energy drains sometimes did a number on my focus. That and the fact that I came seriously close to over-committing. With a bunch of threads going, I need to keep on track, even when energy gets sapped. There are things that can go more smoothly and be more productive.
2016 in focus
After thinking about last year and where I want to head, here are my focus words for the year.
- Balance – I want to do so much and help so many, but if I let it get out of control, no one will be happy. I need to balance the amount and type of work that I’m doing. I also need to make sure that I don’t neglect myself, my family, or my home in the process. I need to find a workout that will stick, and that I can keep up, and also do more focused meditation, yoga, or something. Balance will be key.
- Expertise – Develop it. Share it. Show it. I know a lot about the power of story and how to use it in many situations. I need to hone my expertise and be the expert that I am. Look for that here on the blog, especially.
- Target – Focus on those who can benefit from my work. SELL to them. Set deadlines and goals and don’t lose sight of them. Be intentional about networking, social, and do more targeted sharing of my work.
I’m excited about what’s already on tap in 2016:
- Storybeads at the Brainery (Paper beadmaking plus storytelling) on 2/4
- Balloon Adventure – there will be more stories there this year!
- More shows
- Themed projects like the clothing stories I’ll be gathering this Thursday at the WAYO clothing swap!
- ROC Soup continues